Old Lake Highlands Neighborhood Association Blog
The OLHNA Board held an emergency meeting this evening, started at 6:15 PM and ended at approx. 7:30 PM. This afternoon, I spoke to Officer Hicks who also works with Officer Robinson. These DPD Officers are our go to for our Neighborhoods East of the Lake. I called Sgt. Jones who had already talked to neighbor, Natalie Masters. He put me in touch with Officer Hicks. Here's the plan:
1. DPD and Dallas ISD Police have stepped up patrol in our neighborhood. Extra patrol officer's have been patrolling the area where Suzy Renz lives (Easton, Bon Aire area to Northwest Hwy). Several neighbors have reported seeing the Officer's presence this week.
2. DPD and Dallas ISD Police have also started extra patrol in our entire neighborhood. They have committed to doing this in the interim (meaning between now and 8/17).
3. They have committed to attending a Town Hall meeting on 8/17/15. The OLHNA Board is working on locking down the location. Please stay tuned for more info., but please SAVE THE DATE. Start time will be 7 PM - 8 PM.
4. They have asked us to KEEP ON HIGH ALERT! Report anything to THEM via 911 that looks suspicious. PLEASE PLEASE don't report it on Next Door first. This does nothing but generate lots of posts and we need our Residents to STAY PLUGGED IN! This isn't the time for residents to shut off Next Door because of too many un-useful message/response alerts.
5. Our Volunteers and Patrol (VIP) members (25 that have the certification) were alerted today! We asked for volunteers and have about 4-5 people who responded. The first patrol occurred from 1-3 today, 8/6. Tomorrow, there will be another patrol from 5 - 7 PM. There is a possible 7 - 9 PM shift as well. THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO RESPONDED! We need more of our VIPS to sign-up to keep the momentum going. As a reminder, we will re-imburse you for gas!
6. There is an opportunity for our OLH Residents to attend the next VIP Training - You must attend both sessions to complete the certification. 8/31 and 9/1 from 7 - 9 PM are the dates! However, Melissa our Security Director is reaching out to DPD to find out if we can have an earlier event scheduled for us. Stay tuned for an update on this action item.
7. Thanks to some very pro-active OLH residents, Mark Clayton has been informed. Please see his updates on our OLH extra patrol:
8. We would like to thank our Board members for support and requesting an emergency Board meeting today, Kelye Robinson who will be helping out to volunteer at the Town Hall meeting on 8/17, Natalie Masters for calling the DPD and getting the ball rolling on many things (check out her next door updates), those that volunteered for VIP Patrol (Sam, Chris, Jim, Gary), Thank you Jo, with Elle Realty for allowing our Board to use your office for our meetings, Also, to all that I know have provided useful and helpful information - no names to mention, but thank you for volunteering your time and energy to making our neighborhood safer without anyone having to ask for your help.
Barbara Arredondo, OLHNA President
Board Meeting Attendance:
Lance Burns, Secretary
Cristi Speaks, Area 4
Melissa McSpedden, Security
Sam Samaha, Area 5
Bobby Rodriguez, Area 3
Suzy Renz, Yard of the Month
Ryan Glenn, Newsletter/Communications
Kelye Carter, OLH Resident, previous Board Member